Letter to Jack, 8th May 1918

May 8th 1918

32507/ 9th Batt Y & Lancs Reg
C Company
12 Platoon L.G.S.
I.E.F.
Dear Jack

I have just received two letters and small packett I was very pleased with them. I hope you got my letters asking for a book or two, if so will you send them on as soon as possible. I have had a letter from Ilkeston they are all getting on as well as can be expected, which I was very pleased to hear. I think Connie and Willie will miss grandad but they will soon forget. We have had a lot of rain here lately, but when the sun does shine it is very hot, things in the gardens and fields are looking very well, you can see small bunches of grapes forming on some of the vines already and I have seen one or two lemons on the trees, it must be fine to have a summer out here and see all the fruit ripen. I was very pleased that Mr Leverton was at dad's funeral it was very good of him. I think I will write a few lines to him.
With best love to you both
Harry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.. nice blog.. God Bless!!!

Anonymous said...

Where is he!! Whats happened!! I need the next letter!!!! Is he dead!!! Is he alive!!! Its been 8 days and no work from him!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry if I commented your blog, but you have a nice idea.